This year’s Emmy Awards are a little less than two weeks away, and they – like the fall TV lineup as a whole – will look different than usual. Good news: Even though the pandemic caused significant delays in film + TV production, there will still be *a lot* to tune into this fall.
Here are 5 shows we have on our watchlist (all accessible via EPB Fi TV):
1. Lovecraft Country
○ What it’s about: A road trip through the Jim Crow-era South, but racism isn’t the *only* monster.
○ Who’s involved: J.J. Abrams (Star Trek, Star Wars), Jordan Peele (Get Out, Us) + more
○ When it drops: This one’s already available with episode 1 premiering August 16.
○ Where to watch: HBO (premium channels can be added to any EPB Fi TV package)
2. The Bachelorette
○ What it’s about: Girl meets (25) boy(s), girl falls in love, girl gets engaged, girl lives happily ever after (sometimes).
○ Who’s involved: *Not* Clare Crowley, apparently.
○ When it drops: Tuesday, October 13
○ Where to watch: ABC, available on EPB Fi TV
3. Bob’s Burgers
○ What it’s about: The Belchers run a burger restaurant, live in an apartment above it, and make us laugh – something we’ll take as often as we can get these days.
○ Who’s involved: Funny people like H. Jon Benjamin, Kristen Schaal + Eugene Mirman.
○ When it drops: Sunday, September 27
○ Where to watch: FOX, available on EPB Fi TV
4. Star Trek: Discovery
○ What it’s about: Life on the U.S.S Discovery in the year 2056 (~10 years before the events of the original series).
○ Who’s involved: Jason Isaacs (a.k.a. Lucius Malfoy), Anthony Rapp + Wilson Cruz (from RENT!) + more
○ When it drops: Thursday, October 15
○ Where to watch: CBS All Access, available via your streaming device of choice
5. This Is Us
○ What it’s about: Family, love, relationships, and giving us a good weekly cry.
○ Who’s involved: Show creator Dan Fogelman, who recently announced Season 5 of the show, will address coronavirus head-on.
○ When it drops: Tuesday, November 10 (read: plenty of time to stock up on tissues)
○ Where to watch: NBC, available on EPB Fi TV