Traveling via plane is fun — jetsetting over beautiful blue waters or rolling hills, taking in the cloud formations, and landing in a completely different location in a matter of hours.
The whole navigating the airport part? Less exciting, and sometimes pretty stressful. To help make your time at the Chattanooga Airport as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s eight nonstop flights.
What to know
- TSA | According to the Chattanooga Airport’s website, it takes ~5 minutes to get through during off-peak hours and ~20 minutes during peak hours (5-8 a.m. Monday-Friday).
- Map it out | If you’re like us and need to completely visualize a place before you step foot inside, these maps of the entire airport will be your saving grace.
- Food and drink | Tailwind’s $5.29 bakery combo is a great deal — you get your choice of a muffin or bagel and a 12 oz. coffee. CoPilot Coffee’s Almond Joy Latte shouldn’t be overlooked, either.
- Reminder | By May 7, 2025, you will need a REAL ID to board commercial flights in the US.
- Flight status | While we recommend staying updated via your respective airline, you can also check the airport’s dashboard for your flight status in a pinch.
Current airport updates
The Chattanooga Airport is currently undergoing a 26,000-sqft terminal expansion that will add three new gates, additional restrooms, a new restaurant, and more. The expansion is set to take ~2 years from its start back in June, but don’t worry — it shouldn’t impact your arrival or departure in any way.
Parking and shuttles
Not everyone has a bestie who will drop everything to pick them up from their 3 a.m. landing. Each lot and garage offers 15 minutes of free parking, 16-30 minutes for $2, and each additional 30 minutes for $2. Beyond that, the price per day is as listed:
- Short term parking | $20/day
- Covered parking garage | $14/day
- Long term lot 1 | $12/day
- Long term lot 2 | $12/day
Because the Chattanooga Airport is so small and only has one terminal, all of these parking options are within walking distance of TSA and your gate.
Hate the thought of driving yourself? Try out a shuttle or taxi service that will take you to and from the terminal. These services are suggested by the Chattanooga Airport:
- A-1 Taxi & Transportation | Taxi and shuttle | Bonus: This service will also take you to and from Atlanta.
- Ave Taxi | Taxi
- Mercury Cab | Taxi
- Millennium Taxi & Transportation | Taxi and shuttle
- Nation Taxi | Taxi
- Nooga Shuttles | Shuttle
- Nooga Taxi | Taxi
Chattanooga offers eight nonstop flights. Remember that flight times and schedules will often change — you should rely on your respective airline for exact timing and to stay updated on any changes.
- Atlanta, GA | Delta | Daily | Various times throughout the day
- Charlotte, NC | American | Daily | Various times throughout the day
- Chicago, IL | United | Daily | Daily 8 a.m. and 10:55 a.m., Sunday-Friday 5:28 p.m.
- Dallas, TX | American Eagle (regional brand of American Airlines) | Daily | Daily 5:42 a.m. and 2:19 p.m., Sunday-Friday 4:27 p.m.
- Detroit, MI | Delta | Daily | Monday-Friday 7:25 a.m., 2:59 p.m., and 6:59 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m., Sunday 2:59 p.m. and 6:59 p.m.
- Orlando, FL | Allegiant | Two days a week, schedule changes seasonally
- Tampla, FL | Allegiant | Two days a week, schedule changes seasonally
- Washington, DC | American | Monday-Friday, Sunday | Monday-Friday 12:33 p.m., Sunday 12:54 p.m.
Gate 1 | American Airlines
Gate 2 | United Airlines
Gate 3 | Delta Airlines
Gate 4 | American Airlines
Gate 5 | Delta and Allegiant Airlines
All of these gates are super close (like, ~25 steps kinda close) to the bathroom, bar, snack, and coffee stands.