Halloweekend may still be 3 weeks away, but there are a lot of spooky events already taking place. And the good news is that there’s something for everyone, from the person who loves all things scary to the one who lives for fall and being cozy. 👇
👻 If you want to create something
- Enchanted Sip and Paint | Sat., Oct. 9 | 7-10 p.m. | 3242 Wilcox Blvd. | $40+ | This 21+ event will have painting, music, and your food and drink available for purchase — canvas, paints, and brushes included.
- Halloween Branch Weaving | Mon., Oct. 25 | 6-8 p.m. | The Chattery, 1800 Rossville Ave. | $30 | Learn the basics of branch weaving — supplies provided include yarn, a tapestry needle, and a plastic spider — bring a Y-shaped branch to use as a loom.
- Spooky Halloween Painting | Fri., Oct. 29 | 6-8 p.m. | The Chattery, 1800 Rossville Ave. | $40 | Create your own witchy painting using acrylics — a ticket includes one 16×20 canvas + all the materials needed.
👻 If you want a good scare
- Last Market On the Left | Sat., Oct. 9 | 7-10 p.m. | The Coffin Co., 2405 Lyndon Ave. | Price of purchase | Enjoy a night of art + goods from local vendors, horror, and halloween festivities.
- Dragrave: Unbecoming | Sat., Oct. 16 | 10 p.m.-3 a.m. | Wanderlinger Brewing Co., 1208 King St. | $10 | This “carnival from hell” will have a drag show + DJ, face painting, and a $75 costume contest.
- Helloween Metal Festival | Sat., Oct. 30 + Sun., Oct. 31 | 9 p.m. both nights | Ziggy’s Music Box, 607 Cherokee Blvd. | $15 at the door | If metal is your jam, don’t miss this 2-night festival over Halloween weekend.
👻 If you just want to have a good time
- Boo in the Zoo | Oct. 15-Oct. 30 | 4-8 p.m. | The Chattanooga Zoo | $15 | Bring the whole family along or make it a date night at this Halloween celebration filled with “merry-not-scary” decorations, trick-or-treat stations, a scavenger hunt, and costume contests.
- Hand Crafted Wishes | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7-10 p.m. | Hunter Museum | $10+ | This 6th annual event will include unlimited samples of craft beer, cider, wine, spirits, food from local restaurants + a DJ and costume contest.
- Scarecrows on the Farm | Sat., Oct. 30 | Crabtree Farms, 1000 E. 30th St. | Free+ | Go by the farm anytime in October to vote on your favorite scarecrow built by community members.
- Freaker’s Ball | Sat., Oct. 30 | 8 p.m.-2 a.m. | Westbound Bar and Regan’s Place, 24 Station St. | $15 | Dance the night away at this halloween party and costume contest awarding over $1000 in cash and prizes — a ticket purchase includes access to both Regan’s Place + Westbound Bar.
- The Haunted Market | Sun., Oct. 31 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | First Horizon Pavilion | Free | This isn’t just any ol’ market — there will be 2 costume parades for all ages at 12 p.m. and 2pm + fall produce, pumpkins, local art, and unique gifts for early holiday shopping.
👻 For kids
- Pumpkin Patch — A Drive-Thru Trunk or Treat | Sun., Oct. 24 | 3-5 p.m. | Ridgedale Baptist Church, 1831 Hickory Valley Rd. | Free | Take the kids for a fun afternoon of trunk or treating — there will be cars in costume + a chance to grab lots of loot without leaving the car.
- Wizard School | Wed., Oct. 27 | 6-7:30 p.m. | The Commons, Swinyar Dr., Collegedale | $5 | Muggles ages 6 to 12 years old can attend a class at Hogwarts + get the chance to earn their wands through a series of magical quests led by Hermione.
- Aquascarium | Thurs., Oct. 28 and Fri., Oct. 29 | 4-7 p.m. both days | The Tennessee Aquarium | $8+ | Go on a treasure hunt while enjoying lights, decorations, costumed divers, and music + the reward is a reusable, pre-filled bag of candy — masks will be required on Thursday and Friday will be mask-optional.
- Trunk of Treat and “Hocus Pocus” in the Park | Sat., Oct. 30 | 6-8 p.m. | Veterans Park, 9009 Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy | Free | Celebrate Halloween with a community-wide trunk or treat + a showing of “Hocus Pocus” on a giant 33′ screen in the park.