If you’ve ever put an iced beverage up to your face so the condensation can cool you down on a hot day, then this one’s for you. 🧊
We did a coffee shop crawl and found 5 of the best iced coffee beverages in Chattanooga, tested and approved by yours truly. Warning: don’t get all 5 in one day — you might not sleep for a whole week.
For the wannabe movie star
- Be Caffeinated, 14 W. Kent St. + 3601 Dayton Blvd. | The Goldblum Standard, iced — turmeric latte with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg — trust us, cinnamon and nutmeg are good in summer, too.
For the effortlessly cool
- Goodman Coffee Roasters, 1110 Market St. + 3913 St. Elmo Ave. Suite B | An iced oat milk latte with coconut — hello, paradise. Bonus: Goodman also just popped up (permanently) in The Mission.
For the summer lovin’ water-dweller
- Mean Mug Coffeehouse, various locations | The cold brew lemonade — a simple iced beverage with cold brew + lemonade, perfect for lounging by the pool. Bonus: Mean Mug in the Hamilton Place Aloft Hotel is opening today.
For the sweet tooth
- Sleepyhead Coffee, 735 Broad St. suite 104 | Cold brew sangria (non-alcoholic) with housemade sangria syrup, cold brew + a fruit kabob — don’t forget to snag a donut.
For the adventurer
- Velo Coffee Roasters, 509 E Main St. suite 3 | Nitro Radler (created by Gabi) with raspberry lemonade, Velo’s Niterider Nitro cold brew, simple syrup, and mint — the first sip will have you saying, “ahhhh”