Calling all artists. We’re launching our Rep Your City Design Contest, where artists + designers can submit designs to be featured on products in The NOOGAtoday Shop — our online shop, home to merch featuring local landmarks + city slogans — and get paid up to $1,500.
The goal? To work with + support creatives, share cool designs, and celebrate our city.
Designers are encouraged to submit their local-focused graphics, illustrations, or paintings that can be digitized and placed on shirts, mugs, prints, bags + more.
Designs we’re looking for:
- City icons (think: recognizable skylines, landscapes, buildings + landmarks)
- Local celebrities
- Key city events
- Food + drink
- Well-known companies
- See what designs we currently have in our shop, like this Chattanooga Checklist sweatshirt
How it works:
- This is an ongoing contest through 2021, with multiple rounds, winners, and chances to submit designs. Non-winning designs stay in the pool of submissions for the next round.
- Our audience chooses the winning designs (1 or more winners per round) by voting in a poll hosted on our website. Voting rounds take place for 1 full week.
1️⃣ Contest round 1:
- Entry period opens on Tues., June 1
- Our readers + social media followers vote on the top designs from June 22-28
- Votes are tallied and the winner(s) is announced in our newsletter on Thurs., July 1
2️⃣ Contest round 2 will run July-September
3️⃣ Contest round 3 will run October-December — stay tuned for more details on both of the next rounds.
What you get if you win:
- You’ll make up to $1,500. We’ll buy the rights to use + reproduce your design for $500, and for every 100 units purchased up to 1,000 units, we’ll send you an additional check for $100.
- You’ll be featured in our store’s “Meet the Artists” page with your bio, website + social media.
- Your design will be featured in our newsletters, social media + promotional materials.
How to enter:
- Submit your design through the form below (files accepted include JPG + PNG; max size 500MB).
- Applicants can submit as many designs as they’d like.
If selected, the winner must be able to provide the design in the following specs:
- JPG or PNG file type
- Print file resolution of 300 DPI
- Color profile saved in sRGB
- More info about preparing a print file here
We can’t wait to see your designs, NOOGA. Know a designer or artist? Share this with them.