Step aside, SXSW — there’s a new major festival on the horizon, and this one will be situated right here in Chattanooga (which is loads better than Austin, anyway — right, ATXtoday?)
And what better place for the Future of Freight Festival — F3, for short — to take place than the heart of Freight Alley?
Locally-based business FreightWaves will soon bring freight and logistics professionals from around the country to the Scenic City for its first in-person Future of Freight Festival, anticipated to be “the hottest FreightTech event of the year.”
Here are some quick hits about what the festival will entail:
- The central hub will be the Chattanooga Convention Center, but events will take place throughout the city (we spotted some axe-throwing + beer tasting in the promo video).
- While it is a freight conference, with events like rapid-fire demos, interactive sponsor kiosks, and keynote speakers, it’s also...
- A festival experience with live music, entertainment, after parties, and VIP events.
Keynote speakers will include:
- John Ibbitson | Journalist + author who co-authored “Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline”
- Leland R. Miller | Cofounder + CEO of China Beige Book International, a private data collection network that tracks the Chinese marketplace
- Manti Te’o | Former NFL player + All-American linebacker for the University of Notre Dame
- Peter Zeihan | Geopolitical strategist + author of “The End of the World is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization”
- Rosemary Coates | Founder and Executive Director of the Reshoring Institute, a nonprofit focused on expanding US manufacturing + President of Blue Silk Consulting, a supply-chain management consulting firm
- Spencer Frazier | Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing for J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Live entertainment will include:
- Boyce Avenue
- Eli Young Band
- Pat Green
- Larry Fleet
- Yacht Rock Revue
“While it’s technology that drives our future forward, it’s the people behind the innovation that bring the creation to life – F3 will be a full celebration of just that.” — FreightWaves