Those who know the Chattanooga Airport, love the Chattanooga Airport. ❤️
10 minutes to get through security? A quick + easy terminal to get to? Nonstop flights to most major US hubs? It’s the thing of dreams, and with the Labor Day weekend approaching, we thought it’d be the perfect time to break down all of the updates going on at Airport Road.
✈️ Recent updates
Parking garage | The Chattanooga airport’s most recent update is the completion of a $25-million parking garage that accommodates an additional 1,300 vehicles, rental car space + covered parking.
Cell phone lot | Another recently-opened airport amenity is the new cell phone lot for people awaiting a phone call or text to pick up their flyer.
Art exhibit | The airport’s first art installation, “Into the Blue: Abstraction in the Airport,” opened earlier this month showcasing 10 different artists’ works.
The airport currently has plans for the largest passenger terminal expansion the airport has seen in 30 years, as part of a 20-year master plan. The expansion plans include:
- Adding 26,000 sqft + renovating up to 14,000 sqft of the terminal
- 3 new gates for passenger loading onto aircraft
- A third security checkpoint for passengers entering the concourse + a separate lane for pre-check fliers
- A new restaurant, updated restrooms, a café + a gift shop in the concourse past the checkpoint
- 2-4 additional gates, and a possible fourth security checkpoint lane, as part of Phase 2 of the expansion
✈️ Nonstop flights
Atlanta, GA | Delta | daily departures
Charlotte, NC | American | daily departures
Chicago, IL | United | daily departures
Dallas, TX | American | daily departures
Houston, TX | United | daily departures through Oct. 1
Detroit, MI | Delta | daily departures
New York, NY | Departures currently paused
Orlando, FL | Allegiant | 2 weekly departures, schedule changes seasonally
Tampa, FL | Allegiant | 2 weekly departures, schedule changes seasonally
Washington, DC | American | Departs Monday-Saturday