DYK? Currently, ~50% of classes at Chattanooga State Community College are offered in an innovative 7-week class format. By January, the school plans to offer most of its classes this way.
Here’s how (and why) the 7-week class format works:
Staying motivated 💡
- The 7-week class format breaks the standard 15-week semester into 2 sessions, so students juggle fewer classes at a time.
- Read: If a student would normally take 5 classes in a 15-week semester, they would take 3 classes the first 7 weeks and 2 classes the next 7 weeks (or vice-versa).
Staying focused 🔍
- 10-15% of students are more likely to finish classes during a 7-week session than they are in a 15-week session.
- Read: The 7-week class format allows students to finish their degrees more efficiently and on time.
Staying on track 🎓
- National data — as well as Chattanooga State’s own — supports this format’s success. Chattanooga State is on the forefront of community colleges taking this proven approach.
- Read: They’re not experimenting with students’ education. This method is evidence-based.