As we enter into the new year, COVID-19 protocols are changing rapidly to curb the spread of the Omicron variant in Chattanooga. Here’s what’s new:
- In 2022, Tennessee is ending COVID-19 daily data reports + will shift to weekly data reporting as the Omicron variant drives a record-breaking surge in cases.
The Hamilton County Health Department will continue to update COVID-19 data daily.
Hamilton County updates
- At this time, Hamilton County has no plans to reinstate mask mandates amid COVID-19 case surge.
COVID-19 test kit availability
- The Hamilton County Health Department is currently out of EverlyWell PCR COVID-19 test kits + BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test. Stay tuned to the health department’s social media pages for restock alerts.
- LifeSpring Community Health and Clínica Médicos both offer drive-thru testing on various days + times.
Visit the TN Department of Health’s testing website for information on COVID-19 testing sites, hours of operation, and scheduling.
Booster doses + primary vaccinations
- Boosters and primary vaccinations are offered at the Tennessee Riverpark vaccination site, Birchwood + Sequoyah Health Clinics, and pediatric vaccines at the E. 3rd St. facility — no appointments necessary.
- Check the Hamilton County Health Department’s online vaccination calendar for more information.
- For information on booster shot eligibility, visit the CDC’s website for frequently asked questions.
By the numbers
Hamilton County as of Mon., Jan. 3
- New cases: 492
- Total number of cases: 72,027
- Total number of vaccinations: 197,463 (54%)
*These numbers reflect Hamilton County residents who have been fully vaccinated.
Tennessee as of Wed., Dec. 29
- New cases: 12,858
- Total number of cases: 1,412,302
- Total number of vaccinations: 8,673,321 (57.9%)