ArtsBuild, in partnership with the Office of Arts, Culture, and Creative Economy, is seeking applicants to launch its inaugural cohort of a new program created for artist entrepreneurs.
The Periscope CHA: Artist Entrepreneur Training program will be guided by business development to introduce artists from different medians to the “creative practice through an entrepreneurial lens.” The cohort was inspired by the results of the recent Chattanooga Music Census that showed a need for help starting small businesses + management skills by 80% of respondents.
While this program is the first of its kind in Chattanooga, it is built on the foundation of the Periscope programming created by the Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville in 2014. This will be the third iteration of the high-impact curriculum for creative fields.
Need to know
- Open to 25 artists, artisans, and makers of all disciplines excluding culinary.
- Participants will gain tools for creation, planning + goal setting to build a business plan.
- The course will span over the course of eight weeks, followed by six months of one-on-one mentorship.
- All work culminates to the Periscope Pitch + Artist Entrepreneur Showcase.
- Residents of Tennessee that can make all in-person sessions
- Applicants must be 18+
- Currently working professionally + looking to make a sustainable business venture
Those interested can attend an informational session at ArtsBuild (located at 301 E. 11th St.) on Thursday, Aug. 3 at 5:30 p.m. to learn more.
Nominate an artist you love or apply yourself for the program by Friday, Aug. 18. Applicants must send work samples + a resume or CV alongside the form.
Note: ArtsBuild will contact each nominated artist as they come in beginning Friday, June 30.