In case you missed it, Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union’s 6th Annual Idea Leap Grant will award a total of $175,000 in grants to local small business owners throughout Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia during three separate pitch competitions.
Here in Nooga, TVFCU will award:
- A $30,000 first-place award
- A $15,000 second-place award
- Three runners-up with $10,000 each
On Thursday, May 11, Noogans can attend the following 2023 Idea Leap Grant events at the Bessie Smith Cultural Center:
- Luncheon from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. where keynote speaker Platt Boyd will join panelists Keenan Daniels and Cheryl Saucier for a conversation with moderator Donna Elle Harrison.
- Chambliss Startup Social from 4:30-6 p.m.
- Pitch Competition from 6-8 p.m. — see the big competition where local entrepreneurs RMJ USA, Cocoa Asante, Simply Props, The Local Juicery, and The Professional Cleaning Solution compete for a total of $75,000 in grants
Bonus: All events are free + open to the public (but attendees are asked to RSVP).*