Table of Contents
Chattanooga’s getting a brand new, month-long festival this spring — and it rocks. Rock the Riverfront will feature performances, art, vendors, and even a traveling seesaw installation. We left no stone unturned + got all the exciting details for you.
- What | Rock the Riverfront festival + temporary art installation
- When | Mar. 4-Apr. 3
- Where | The Chattanooga Green (across from Ross’s Landing)
- Cost | Free
- It may just seem like a collection of seesaws, but this art installation — entitled “Impulse” — is internationally renowned (and yes, it may be art, but you can totally play on it).
- Impulse consists of several giant, 16-24 foot seesaws that light up + make noise when put into motion by people.
- The installation was created and executed by Lateral Office and CS Design + produced by Quartier des Spectacles Partnership in Canada.
- The seesaws have traveled to eight different countries and 40+ cities. Chattanooga will be the smallest city — and the first central southeastern city, for that matter — to host Impulse.
- Impulse will be open to the public from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. during the month-long Rock the River celebration.
- Events will take place every weekend during the month, starting with the Chatt Lantern Parade on Mar. 5.
- Each weekend will have a different theme or feel to it — for example, one weekend will be focused on health and wellness while another will serve more as an artist market.
- Regardless of the theme, every weekend will feature live entertainment, music, and family-friendly activities.
- Events throughout the month are based on feedback from River City Co.’s ONE Riverfront planning — aka, these ideas are based on what you all said you wanted to see.