Vaccines are rolling out, coffee shops are lively again, and your workplace is adopting a more flexible work schedule. What now? Exploring Chattanooga’s bustling hybrid work scene, which thrives here thanks to a multitude of factors — just look to TimeOut.com, Travel & Leisure, or Apple News, all of whom ranked Chattanooga as a top WFH location.
💼 The big guys’ plans
- BlueCross BlueShield | BCBS recently began Phase 1 of returning to the office, in which workers will come in 1 day a week. Moving forward, the company will allow over ⅔ of its workforce to maintain a hybrid schedule.
- Unum | ~25% of full-time office workers have returned to the downtown office. After Labor Day, employees will move to a flex schedule that provides 2 remote days per week.
- TVA | Office workers are currently teleworking, and the company pledged to give workers advance notice before requiring a return to the office.
💼 Local coworking spaces
- Society of Work | Innovation district | Day pass ($25), community desk ($150/mo), reserved desk ($350/mo), private office ($560+/mo) | Printing, phone booths, internet, conference rooms, and a business address.
- Workhorse | Southside | Day pass ($15), basic membership ($57/mo), reserved desk ($299/mo) | Internet, free coffee + tea, parking, and more.
- Bode | West Village | Day pass ($15), hot seat ($49/mo), reserved desk ($89/mo) | Locker, internet, free coffee, and 15% off purchases at the Marketplace + stays at all Bode hotels.
- e | spaces | Downtown | Collaborative space ($175/mo), dedicated space ($500/mo) | Parking, internet, 24/7 access, access to cafe, notary services, and IT Helpdesk.
- Basecamp Monthly Coworking | Wed., Aug. 4 | 9 a.m.-6 p.m. | Waterhouse Pavilion | Free | This monthly coworking event features free coffee + complimentary lunch, a speaker series, and after-work happy hour.
- The Chattanooga Chamber | The Chamber hosts networking events each month. Bonus: there’s an upcoming intern connection event.
- Nooga Networking | This group has hosted multiple networking events in the past — be on the lookout for upcoming events.