We were all sad to see Riverfront dining spots The Blue Plate and Robar go after 15 + 6 years in business, respectively, but you know how the saying goes — when 1 door closes, another door opens.
Opening today in the former Blue Plate + Robar spot is Agave & Rye, a tequila and bourbon hall with a full — and pretty insane — taco menu. We got a sneak peek of the restaurant last night, so we’re here tequil(a) your curiosity + taco ‘bout it.
🌮What to expect
- Some incredible murals of well-known people like Frida Kahlo + Lil Nas X
- The murals are paired with a ton of beautiful chandeliers + crystal decor — it’s a pretty cool looking space
- Outdoor seating with riverfront views in front of Ross’s Landing
- A high-end tapas bar attached to the restaurant (but that won’t be opening for roughly a week or so)
- Pick 3 chips + dip with guacamole, salsa roja, and pineapple mango habanero (the pineapple mango was our fav)
- Greek Goddess and Bang Bang tacos
- The OG Margarita
It is a bourbon and tequila hall, so of course, the margarita was great (even the non-tequila drinkers in our party loved it). Fair warning: they’re fairly strong drinks, and they also come in “epic sizes.”
The Greek Goddess taco option was delicious, but they’ve got a whole lot more where that came from — from a Mac n’ cheese + chicken taco to a butter and garlic lobster taco. Pro Tip: the tacos are big, so 1 or 2 will fill you up.
And for everyone wondering if their particular diet will be welcomed, not to fear — the menu offers vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options.
- Location | 185 Chestnut St.
- Reservations | Reservations are currently unavailable
- Pricing | Tacos starting at $5, cocktails starting at $12, draft beers starting at $5