Table of Contents
Back in December, we shared news about Rock the Riverfront returning with a new interactive art installation for all Chattanoogans to enjoy. Along with “Los Trompos,” the month-long festival will be filled with music, entertainment, cultural education opportunities, activities, food trucks, and so much more.
River City Co., the event’s host, recently dropped the full entertainment lineup — we definitely recommend you check out the whole list so you can plan accordingly. In the meantime, here are the need-to-knows of the event + some highlights to expect:
- Event dates | March 17-April 16
- Location | The Chattanooga Green, 140 Riverfront Pkwy. (across from Ross’s Landing)
- Time | During park hours, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Admission | Free for all to attend
- Cultures & Creatives Day | March 18 | Watch the film “Viva Guatemala: A Journey Through a Land of Culture and Beauty” + enjoy live music by Luke Simmons & The Lovestruck.
- Get Up & Move | March 25 | Throughout the day, participate in interactive dance and fitness classes ranging from yoga and traditional Latin dance to Hip-Hop, Salsa, and Capoeira.
- Light Up Chatt Parade | April 1 | Watch the sky light up with glowing lanterns + puppets from Playful Evolving Monsters and Art 120 during the parade.
- Spring Break Family Fun Day | April 5 | Celebrate spring break all day long with oversized games, history tours with National Park Partners (free, but make sure to RSVP), face painting, balloon animals, kites, toys, and more.
- Gospel & Jazz + Easter Egg Hunt | April 8 | Come out for an Easter egg hunt at 12 p.m. and listen to musical entertainment by Dexter Bell & Friends + Swayyvo.
- Sips of Latin America | April 15 | Purchase a ticket to sample 10+ traditional Latin American alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Bonus: Looking to help out at the event? River City Co. is seeking Hospitality Hosts — learn more and sign up to volunteer.