Our Kansas City-based Multi-City Editor, Dayten Rose, is headed to the Scenic City today, and to say we’re excited is an understatement.
In honor of the visit from everyone’s favorite remote Chattanoogan, we’re taking his list of must-dos + creating a perfectly–planned itinerary for your visiting family and friends.
- One good hike | Specifications: medium difficulty, mountain views, potential for a picnic
- A good restaurant | Specifications: good food, fun atmosphere
- “A sh**y but also good restaurant” | Specifications: “I guess I just mean, like, casual diner food and a patio” (aka, not actually sh**y)
- Coffee places | Specifications: good coffee, a place to wind down between activities
- “That cute bookstore I got to cover when it opened” | Specifications: reader, he means The Book & Cover
- Aquarium | Specifications: want to see Miguel Wattson
- Walking bridge | Specifications: ok, we forced this one upon him
- Local vintage place | Specifications: vintage clothes
- Thursday | 6-9 p.m. | Dinner + drinks at Agave & Rye (A good restaurant ✅), followed by a short walk across the street to Ross’s Landing for nighttime river views
- Friday | 9 a.m.-12 p.m. | Coworking session outdoors (Check out these eight spots to work outside)
- Friday | 12-2 p.m. | Lunch at Daily Ration + a trip to the nearby Book & Cover (That cute bookstore I got to cover when it opened ✅).
- Friday | 2-3 p.m. | A quick shop down Frazier Avenue, making sure to stop in at Collective Clothing (local vintage place ✅)
- Friday | 3-4 p.m. | Coffee break at nearby Be Caffeinated, Mean Mug, or Milk & Honey (Coffee places ✅)
- Friday | 4-6 p.m. | A stroll across the walking bridge (walking bridge ✅), followed by dinner in the arts district at Tony’s
- Saturday | 8-10 a.m. | Breakfast at Aretha Frankensteins (A sh**y but also good restaurant, aka diner food ✅)
- Saturday | 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. | Hike from Craven’s House to Sunset Rock, where you can enjoy a midday picnic (One good hike ✅)
- Saturday | 3-5 p.m. | A visit with Miguel Wattson + friends at the Tennessee Aquarium (Aquarium ✅)
Wanna make it your own? Get your visitors’ must-dos and replace Dayten’s with theirs — or just use this one, because it’s pretty perfect as-is.