With more and more people having the flexibility to work remotely or from home, or take virtual classes, it’s important to make sure the bandwidth at home can keep up with the demand.
So, what exactly is bandwidth? Simply put, it is the ability for data to transfer across a connection or network. As opposed to internet speed, bandwidth is the volume of information that can be sent in a given amount of time, and it’s calculated in megabits per second (Mbps).
With the only 100% fiber optic network in the area (read: faster uploads and downloads, + reduced network reaction times), the experts at EPB have the answers (starting as low as $57.99/month) to make sure your home is well-connected for working, learning, and streaming.
Check out these three options from EPB, in order of bandwidth:
- Time to download a 2-hour movie: 2 minutes
- Perk: Ability to stream HD, game, or share files
The Gig (1,000 Mbps)
- Time to download a 2-hour movie: 35 seconds
- Perk: Binge-worthy streaming across 6+ devices
10 Gig (10,000 Mbps)
- Time to download a 2-hour movie: 3 seconds
- Perk: Enough power to host online gaming servers
See more details and compare pricing here.*