Table of Contents
Remember that “unknown secret” we hinted at in The Wrap a few newsletters back? Today, we’re here to spill the tea… or shall we say, the alcohol.
The owner of popular local bar Unknown Caller is opening a new spot in a new part of town — Shady’s Corner.
- What | A new bar + deli
- Where | Southside, 1402 Cemetery Ave., in what was previously a transmission center
- When | If all goes as planned, summer 2022
- Why | This part of town is growing (in fact, a 36-unit apartment complex is currently going in just around the corner from the bar’s address) + the space has opportunities for features a variety of folks can enjoy…
…Tell me about these features
- Lots of outdoor space | The new spot will feature two different outdoor spaces — one with a covered roof, sunken fire pit, and heaters + another that serves as a dog-friendly backyard space with a beer garden and trees.
- Food | Like, more than Kraft mac n’ cheese (no hate, no shade, just what we’ve been told). The space will have a full deli counter that’s open all day.
- Drinks | Another thing that will be open all day? The bar. Aka, mid-day beers with the bois, a drink to wash down your lunch, and a spot for those “super chill” work meetings. The bar will also serve classic cocktails ranging from $6-$10 + cocktail pitchers.
- Character | Neon signage, the same unique yellow + black paint that’s currently on the outside, garage doors, and even a huge bull head wall decoration that came from The Refindery.
- Games + fun | There will be a lot to do here besides eat + drink — it’ll feature a dance floor space, billiards tables, TVs, a stage, plus nights for trivia and DJs.
Stay updated on the bar’s progress via its social media page.11