Kids, this is the story of how I met your mother, and it was all thanks to NOOGAtoday.
Okay, so maybe that’s not exactly how the 2000s sitcom went, but if Ted Mosby had consulted us for date night ideas, we could’ve shaved the show down to two seasons (and saved his kids a lot of time). Regardless, of whether you’ve met “the one” or are hoping to impress someone new, we’ve got 18+ local date night ideas that are legen — wait for it — dary.
For the ones who want a night out on the town
- Find out how to make them laugh by watching a show at The Comedy Catch. Feeling confident? Take them to an open mic night Wednesday to show off your skills.
- Head to Memorial Auditorium during the Tivoli Theatre Foundation’s Broadway season to see a high-end production.
- Get a boat load of good times on the Southern Belle for one of its cruises touring the sights of the Scenic City. We recommend the Sunset Cruises for an even more romantic night.
If the way to their heart is through their stomach
- For those that want to feel a little extra fancy, enjoy a white tablecloth + candlelit dinner at St. Johns Restaurant — which was featured among 14 other local spots in Southern Living.
- Take a cooking class offered by the Sweet & Savory Classroom where you and your plus one can learn the craft of making anything from breads to Italian delicacies.
- Have a wine tasting experience paired with homemade wood-fired pizza at the Lookout Winery. Pro tip: go before the sun sets for the most breathtaking views overlooking the Tennessee River.
If you love the great outdoors
- Take to the trails to get to know each other along the way.
- Grab a cheese spread from Bleu Fox Cheese Shop and head to Coolidge Park for an easy-going picnic by the water. Make it extra special for any occasion by having Picnic by the River curate your experience for you.
- Any thrill seekers in the chat with us? Try out Ruby Falls’ High Point ZIP Adventures or glide with Lookout Mountain Flight Park.
For the ones who like to play games (just not with your heart)
- Spend an afternoon at the Chattanooga Pinball Museum playing unlimited rounds of the classic arcade game.
- Spare some time at Southside Social for a game of bowling at this bar.
- Test each other’s wits with a game of trivia around town.
If you’re really hoping that it works out
- Join the Fleet Feet for different runs around town like every Wednesday at Oddstory Brewing Co.
- Take different biking, yoga, and other outdoor fitness activity classes with Outshine Adventures.
- Test your climbing skills at High Point.
If you want an “old fashioned”-style date
- Have conversations with a breathtaking view and an old fashioned in hand at the rooftop bar Whiskey Thief.
- Adventure to a speakeasy-style bar like Unknown Caller or Company inside of the Kinley hotel.
- Meet love on the battlefields at the historical Point Park in Lookout Mountain.
If you wanna show off by knowing all the hottest events in town
- Shameless plug: Sign up for our daily newsletter, where we call out our top picks of things to do around town. Your date doesn’t have to know we’re behind it, you can take all the credit.
- Stay up-to-date on the coolest local events around Chattanooga with our events page (and check out this guide for our tips on navigating the page).
What did we miss? If you know a perfect date spot that’s not on the list, guide us in the right direction.