EPB has dedicated a third side of the 10th Street Substation, between Foster Street + East MLK Boulevard, to its four-year murals project.
10 local artists created work based on the “Traditions on MLK,” honoring the history, heritage + significance of the downtown neighborhood.
Meet the artists
- Jonathan Bidwell | “Write Traditions”
- Lexi D’Ambrosio | “The Foundation of a King-dom”
- Laura Swift Dahlke | “Faith”
- Mason Elmore | “The Nine Through Time”
- Karen Estes | “Love and Resilience”
- Jerome Foster | “Time to Shine on the Big Nine”
- Jody Harris | “Seismic Traditions”
- Ann Jackson | “Children are the Future”
- Caitlin Maupin | “Only Light Can Do That”
- Olivia Reckert | “Garden on Light”
Submissions for public murals for the fourth + final side of the substation will open in late 2023.
“More than a dozen local organizations shared their time and expertise to ensure work authentically represents the MLK neighborhood.” — EPB President + CEO David Wade