Your favorite lunchtime festival and artist market is back and better than ever with a new location. Noontunes will be taking over Broad Street in September + October.
River City Co. announced it will move its mini-street festival series to the Riverfront District as a way to test ideas for the proposed reimagining of Broad Street that are still being workshopped. During the series, you might see one or more of the drafted concepts on a trial run.
Folks can enjoy the free afternoon fun from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Friday beginning Sept. 8. The festival will take place on Aquarium Way all the way to the second block of Broad Street (where High Point is located).
Experience live shows, artist vendors, food trucks + a new theme each week. The music will begin at 12 p.m.
Lineup + themes
- Sept. 8 | Zowie & the Sol Parade | Artist Market with ArtsBuild
- Sept. 15 | Chattanooguys | Street Carnival with SoundsCorps
- Sept. 22 | Karen Collins ft. Thomas Bumpass | Plant & Seed Swap with Reflection Riding
- Sept. 29 | La Rumba | Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with La Paz
- Oct. 6 | The Essentials | Breast Cancer Awareness with CHI Memorial — bonus: best pink outfit contest
- Oct. 13 | Bindy | Good Luck Market
- Oct. 20 | Resurrection Mary | Coffee Break
- Oct. 27 | The Bohannons | Halloween Party — bonus: costume competition
“Before any final decisions are made for a redesign to create a premier, pedestrian-friendly street in our downtown, we are taking the opportunity to test ideas of how it could be activated on a regular basis in the future.” — President + CEO of River City Co. Emily Mack