Table of Contents
It’s officially Halloween time in the Scenic City, so get ready to trick-or-treat yourself at these 25 local events.
🍬 Family-friendly outings
- Halloween Eerie Express | Friday, Oct. 27-Sunday, Oct. 28 | Times vary | Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum | $25 | Take the kids on a spooky train ride with games + take a bag of treats home with you.
- Halloween Bash | Friday, Oct. 27 | 6 p.m. | Oddstory Brewing Co. | Free+ | Dress up for a chance to win prizes + enjoy live music from Behold the Brave.
- Spooky Skate | Friday, Oct. 27 | 7-11 p.m. | Chatt Town Skate Park | Free+ | All wheels are welcome to come out to skate, dance the night away, and participate in a costume contest. Note: You must be 18+ to rent skates.
- Halloween at Valkyrie | Saturday, Oct.28, Sunday, Oct. 29 + Tuesday, Oct. 30 | Times vary | Valkyrie Axe Throwing | Price of purchase | Receive half-off throwing when you come in costume.
- Bessie’s Halloween Bash | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Bessie Smith Cultural Center | Free+ | Trick-or-treat on the lawn, listen to live music, grab food + snacks, and participate in activities.
- International Market & More: Dia de los Santos | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Patten Square | Free+ | This celebration will feature traditional dances from Folklórico groups, Latin artwork, art activities inspired by the holiday + international food offerings.
- Chattanooga Zombie Walk | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 3-6 p.m. | Bessie Smith Cultural Center to Miller Park | Donation | Dress up in your best zombie outfit (makeup will be available from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) to help raise money for The Seed Theatre.
- Thriller at Miller | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 4 p.m. | Miller Park | Rumor has it there will be a flash mob dancing to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”
- Haunted Market | Sunday, Oct. 29 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | First Horizon Pavilion | Free+ | Take the kids to the market for trick-or-treating + a costume parade (for kids and adults) beginning at 1 p.m.
- Spooky Market | Sunday, Oct. 29 | 12-5 p.m. | Oddstory Brewing Co. | Free+ | Shop from local vendors + bring your pets for a costume contest at 2 p.m.
- Troops and Treats | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | 4-6 p.m. | National Medal of Honor Heritage Center | Free | Kiddos can trick-or-treat in the gallery + enjoy a puppet show, crafts, and a photo booth — costumes are encouraged.
- Trunk ’n Treat | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | 5:30-9 p.m. | The Local Dive Retail | Free+ | Shop, trick or treat, and enjoy funnel cakes from Freaky Funnel Food Truck.
🔮 Adult bashes
- Barbie World Pop-Up | Now through Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Times vary | Unknown Caller | Price of purchase | This downtown bar has transformed into the Barbie Dream House with themed cocktails and the movie streaming on repeat. Bonus: Come out to the Barbie Drag show on Sunday, Oct. 29 + a Barbie DJ set on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
- Halloween Pop-Up | Friday, Oct. 27-Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Times vary | Amada Tapas & Wine | Price of purchase | This restaurant will turn itself into a haunted house for folks to experience, plus come in costume for a chance to win a prize.
- Haunted Mansion Pop-Up Party | Friday, Oct. 27-Saturday, Oct. 28 | 7 p.m.-late | Station Street | $10 cover on Friday + $15 cover on Saturday | The Bitter Alibi will serve up drinks and small bites while you enjoy music from a DJ and dancing.
- Halloween Party | Friday, Oct. 27 | 8 p.m. | Sleepyhead Coffee Main + Dodds | $5 cover | Come out for a DJ, drag show, spooky mocktails, and costume contest — winner receives $50.
- Gravedigger’s Ball | Friday, Oct. 27 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | HiFi Clyde’s | $10 cover | Enjoy live music, a dance party, and costume contests for opportunities to win cash, a staycation, and more.
- Nightmare on Houston Street | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 5 p.m.-12 a.m. | The Bitter Alibi | $7 cover | Houston Street is getting spooky with a block party featuring live music + performances — music starts at 8 p.m.
- Nightmare on 55th: A Halloween Party | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 8 p.m.-late | The Woodshop | $10 cover | Enjoy food truck offerings from Red Eye Foods, live music by Red Gene, a costume contest, and a dance party.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas on Station Street | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 8 p.m. | Station Street | $25-$30 cover | Dress up for a chance to win cash prizes + dance the night away with music by a DJ.
- All Hallow’s Eve | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. | Common House | $15 for non-members | Enjoy charcuterie, cocktails, and candy + opportunities to win prizes during the costume contest.
- Zombie Party | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 9 p.m. | The Boneyard | $5 cover | Come out for a costume contest, dance party, and music by DJ Chanikan.
- Tricks & Treats | Sunday, Oct. 29 | 1-5 p.m. | GoDog Chattanooga | Free+ | Dress up your pups for the best costume + best trick contest while enjoying bar specials and “pupkin” painting.
- Halloween Costume Contest | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | 12-10 p.m. | Fountainhead Taproom | Price of purchase | Stop by for a drink + take a photo of your costume at the photo wall for a chance to win prizes.
- Devil’s Night | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | 8 p.m. | The Boneyard | $5 cover with costume + $7 cover without | Hear tunes from several artists while enjoying food + drinks.