Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in Chattanooga? From feeling fit to finding more family time, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
Go vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based
- The Friendly Feast | Learn delicious vegan recipes — like roasted delicata squash with balsamic glaze or a vegan breakfast braid — from local blogger Kate Veltkamp.
- ChattaVegan | Join the ChattaVegan community for friendly support, tips, and resources for your veggie, vegan, plant-based, or Meatless Monday journey.
- Our vegan guide | Check out our recently updated guide on where to find vegan food in Chattanooga. (Know of a vegan-friendly spot that’s missing? Let us know.)
Read more books
- The Book & Cover | Stop by this independent bookstore for a cup of coffee, pastry, and plenty of books.
- Winder Binder | This NorthShore bookstore also features records and artwork.
- Allgood’s Used Books and Coffee | Pick up a used book and a latte at this cozy local spot.
- McKay’s | Shop from thousands of used books, records, movies, and more.
- Chattanooga Library | Get that resolution started with a library card. Pro tip: There’s a whole lot more than books to take advantage of with your card.
- Books written by local authors | Start with a book that’s near and dear — literally. Check out our list of books written by authors with ties to Chattanooga.
Spend more quality time with family
- Activities for grandparents and grandchildren | Spend the day with the grandkids with one of these fun activities.
- Head to a park | There’s nothing quite like a family day in the park. Check out our list of five underrated parks in the area, or make a goal to visit every community park in Chattanooga (heads up: it may take a while).
- Get a family pass | Purchase a year-long family membership to a local attraction like the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Reflection Riding, Bessie Smith Cultural Center, or Chattanooga Zoo.
Meet new people
- Make friends | View a few of our tips for how to make friends in the Chattanooga area.
- Join an adult sports league | Join an adult basketball, bowling, cornhole, pickleball, soccer, or volleyball team this winter to meet new people with Chattanooga Sports Leagues.
- Network | Check out networking events happening at the Chattanooga Chamber, wait until June to take part in monthly coworking sessions at Basecamp, or take part in other local networking events.
- Get connected | Connect with other locals on Facebook via the Chattanooga Living group page.
Learn a new hobby
- The Chattery | Choose from a multitude of beginner-friendly hobby classes being taught at The Chattery.
- Learn archery | Take up the exciting skill of archery with Outdoor Chattanooga’s adult archery classes.
- Belay on | Chattanooga is a climber’s paradise, so take advantage of it and take up the skill — High Point offers some classes for beginners.
Join a gym
- Kyle House Fitness | Voted Best Trainers in Chattanooga 2020 and one of the top three gyms in Chattanooga, this local spot offers various fitness classes, personal training, and even at-home workouts.
- SPENGA Chattanooga | These 60-minute training classes feature 20 minutes of spin, 20 minutes of strength training, and 20 minutes of yoga — check out Editor Kristen’s class experience.
- Synergy Climbing and Ninja | This climbing and American Ninja Warrior-style gym is perfect for someone looking for a different type of fitness routine.
- Sportsbarn Chattanooga | Sportsbarn has three locations in the area with yoga studios, circuit training, cycling, pools, and boxing, plus free weights, weight machines, and cardio equipment.
- Sweat Club | This Red Bank gym features HIIT bootcamp classes for all fitness levels, strength training, open gym, personal training, and more.