The hunt is back on.
The NorthShore Merchants Collective — a cooperative organization of various NorthShore businesses — will host its annual Holiday Treasure Hunt beginning Thursday, Nov. 17.
The hunt features 23 local businesses + benefits nonprofit Northside Neighborhood House. In other words, this grassroots event combines window shopping, holiday window designs, and supporting local businesses, all for a good cause.
Oh, and there’s also prizes on the line — three winners will receive a NorthShore gift basket filled with local goodies + certificates (valued at over $400).
Here’s how to play:
- Pick up a game card at any of the 23 participating businesses.
- Each participating business will hide a treasure in its window display — it’s up to you to find it + match that item with the store on your game card.
- An example of what that’ll look like? You might find an out-of-place ice cream scoop from Clumpies in the window of Geno’s Salon, or a candy cane from Boxcar General Store in the window of I Go Toyko.
- Every hidden treasure that you correctly find is an entry into the contest — you can turn in your card with just one or all 23 hidden items found.
- Submit your card by Tuesday, Jan. 3 (along with a $1-$10 cash donation to benefit NNH) at Locals Only, Four Bridges Outfitters, or Learning Express Toys.
The three winners will be announced via NSMC’s social media.