On Wednesday, March 1, the Tennessee Aquarium will celebrate the grand opening of Ridges to Rivers, a new gallery highlighting Southern Appalachia’s vibrant aquatic life.
Here’s a little bit of what to expect once the gallery opens:
- The chance to experience a snorkeler’s view of some of the animals
- More than three dozen species of fish
- A 22-ft-long exhibit recreating various habitats offered by mountain streams flowing into the Upper Tennessee River
- A demonstration of how thunderstorms impact streams (think: Rainforest Café-like thunderstorms every quarter hour)
- A larger, more open Sturgeon Bend exhibit
The gallery will be located in the River Journey building and replace Discovery Hall. Learn more about the animals on display at the exhibit online.