We’re just one day away from the Red Wolves Home Opener on Saturday, March 25. Whether you’re an all-out fan or looking to increase your local pride, the USL League One soccer team has five pretty compelling reasons to never miss a game this season:
The Home Opener
There’s nothing quite like the energy of the first home game of the season — and for the Red Wolves, home openers historically mean home wins. The club is still undefeated in every home opener in its history and will (of course) look to keep the streak alive against the Northern Colorado Hailstorm on Saturday.
A soccer-specific stadium
You won’t see infield dirt or gridiron lines at a Red Wolves match. That’s because CHI Memorial Stadium is the first professional soccer-specific stadium in all of Tennessee. Featuring some of the best sightlines in sports, the design of CHI Memorial Stadium was inspired by the intimacy of European Soccer Stadiums and has grandstands just a few feet from the out of bounds lines of the pitch.
The off-the-field festivities
With a family-friendly atmosphere and special promotions, a Red Wolves match is as exciting off the pitch as on. Upcoming events include:
- March 25: Pre-game BOGO Beer until kickoff
- April 1: $2 Beer Night all game long
- April 8: Pre-game Easter egg hunt for the little ones
- April 29: Wine & Whiskey night
Keep reading to see two more reasons CHI Memorial Stadium is the place to be this season — including the deets on upcoming stadium expansions and a 2023 roster worth getting excited about. Already anxious to join the fun? Purchase individual game tickets or a season pass.
There’s no such thing as a bad seat
CHI Memorial Stadium has something for everyone when it comes to seating:
- Find an electric, party atmosphere in the Supporters Section.
- Experience elegant midfield lounge viewing + amenities in the Executive Club and the Sky Suites.
- Got kids? Families love The Hill, where there’s plenty of room for kids to run around and freedom to bring your own blankets.
- Located four feet from the field of play, the Party Pad can be reserved by groups of 25 or more for a fun space with pub tables, cushioned chairs, and your own personal bartender.
Bonus: During the 2023 season, the stadium will add a two-story indoor/outdoor bar with field viewing called The Howl, plus additional grandstand seating, facilities additions, and more concession locations.
The Winning Tradition
The Red Wolves are building a winning tradition in Chattanooga. Here’s the proof:
- In 2021, they were USL League One Semifinalists.
- In 2022, they scored the most goals in the league (55) including the postseason, and went all the way to the league finals match, ultimately finishing the year at the 2022 USL League One Finalist.
- In 2023, they hope to build on that success and bring the championship home to CHI Memorial Stadium.
Helping that cause is a 2023 roster worth getting excited about. The 2023 squad features nine players coming from national teams — one of them being Ricardo Jerez, the former captain and current Goalkeeper for the Guatemalan National Team who brings a wealth of experience in net that is usually only found at the highest levels of international soccer.
Another new member of the roster is Ropapa Mensah, a Ghanaian forward who scored the first goal in Nashville SC history. Curious about the rest? See the entire 2023 roster.