Chattanooga’s annual two-day Head of the Hooch Regatta will take place this weekend.
Who | Registered teams
When | Sat., Nov. 5 beginning at 9:50 a.m. + Sun., Nov. 6 beginning at 7:50 a.m.
Where | The Tennessee River, with the finish line at Ross’s Landing
How | The regatta is a head race, so competitors will row a 4,500-meter course (2.8 miles), with results based on time
Pro Tip: Daylight Saving time falls between racing on Saturday + Sunday.
The best spots to watch? Try one of these locations:
- Walnut Street Bridge for an aerial view — this spot is 350 meters from the finish line, so be ready to cheer
- Coolidge Park for a quieter setting
- Ross’s Landing for a crowd, finish line view + a market
- Somewhere along the Tennessee Riverwalk for the spot you think is best based on the race course
- And if you don’t feel like braving the crowds, you can also watch the regatta via livestream
View road closures for the event here.