We’ve got a sweet update for y’all.
The Little Debbie Park located at Collegedale Commons is set to open this fall. The sweet treat-themed park sits on a 10-acre parcel of land that was purchased + donated in 2021 by the McKee Family of McKee Foods Corporation (the manufacturer of the brand Little Debbie).
The park is intended to create a “relaxed and natural area focusing on people rather than things,” according to the park’s website.
Construction of the park is well underway — here are some of the amenities you can expect come fall.
The park will feature several Little Debbie snack-shaped play sculptures such as:
- An Oatmeal Creme Pie + Nutty Bar (kid and adult-friendly) seating sculptures
- A Cosmic Brownie climbing wall
- A 6-ft tall Polyshield Christmas Tree (pictured above)
- A Chocolate Cupcake sculpture
Bonus: a life-sized bronze statue of Little Debbie herself may be in the works.
Along with the Little Debbie snack-themed sculptures, the space will have several other amenities for parkgoers to enjoy. Some of the highlights include:
- One large pavilion with restrooms + five small pavilions
- Swings, benches, picnic tables + bike racks
- 83 standard parking spaces + four ADA-compatible parking spaces
- Playgrounds (with all kinds of structures for the kiddos to enjoy)
- Green space with enough trees + plants to qualify for arboretum status
Make sure to follow the City of Collegedale on Facebook and Instagram for park updates + an official opening date.