It’s hard to believe we’re wrapping up the end of the year, and we’re here to make sure you use up those remaining vacation days. Everyone deserves a break, and the good news is that you don’t have to travel far or plan an extravagant trip to achieve it.
Here are three nearby spots that are great for a staycation or weekend getaway.
Located in Soddy-Daisy, TN (~28-minute drive from downtown)
This bed + breakfast perfect for a couple’s getaway is located right along Soddy Creek, allowing a peaceful stay immersed in nature that offers a uniquely tailored experience for every guest.
- “A Frame of Mind” | One-bedroom A-frame cabin
- “Tranquility Room” | Coastal-inspired lake-view room
- “Serenity Room” | Nautical-inspired lake-view room
Enjoy a deluxe continental breakfast, outdoor amenities like paddleboards + kayaks, a shared dock, and free on-site parking. Plus, say hello to the resident deer and local wildlife.
Located in Sale Creek, TN (~40-minute drive from downtown)
This rustic cottage is nestled in the woods on a private one-acre lakefront inlet.
- Sleeps up to six guests with two bedrooms + an open loft space with beds
Amenities include a wrap-around porch to enjoy lakefront views, a fire pit with chairs, and a dock with kayaks + a paddleboard for guests to utilize.
Book online through Airbnb.
Located in Asheville, NC (~3.4-hour drive from downtown)
These recently opened A-frame cabins give guests river + outdoor access along with a communal River Lodge for guests to eat, drink, gather, and shop.
- Standard Cabin | Studio-style with private elevated balcony
- Deluxe Cabin | Have dormers that allow for a privacy wall separating the bedroom + living room with larger back decks in a natural wooded area
- Bonus: there are also pet-friendly + ADA-accessible versions of the cabins available.