Where once we were plant-iful + blooming, we’re now leaft with few.
While the news of Bees on Bicycle, Botanica, Bada Bing Botanicals, and The Secret Garden all closing this month have left us feeling pretty bummed out, it presents us with a great opportunity to root for our local plant shops and nurseries. Here’s how:
🪴 How to help closing shops + owners
- Bees on a Bicycle | There are still a few items left in Bees’ closing sale. Bees’ owner, Cath, is taking some well-deserved time off before hoping to get back into team or program management — you can spread the word about her eagerness to work. Read her closing message here.
- Botanica Plant Shop | While the Chattanooga store is gone, you can still support Botanica’s other locations in Birmingham and Huntsville, AL.
- The Secret Garden | This local shop plans to reopen in a new location — help support that goal monetarily with the shop’s GoFundMe page, purchase an eGift card, or spread the word about its interior landscape program.
- Bada Bing Botanicals | Congratulate the owners on their move back to New Jersey + take part in the store’s “Donut Forget About Us” indoor yard sale event tomorrow from 11-3 p.m. Follow the store’s social media pages for updates.
🪴 Local shops + nurseries to support
- Plant Candy Collective | 2265 Gunbarrel Rd. + inside The Camp House | Grab a latte from Green Bean Coffee Co. (the shop’s roommate that shares an owner) and shop cute houseplants, pots, and more.
- Signal Mountain Nursery | 1100 Hubbard Rd. | Shop numerous plants and fun garden accessories + grab beautiful flowers from the nursery’s U-pick garden.
- The Barn Nursery | 1801 E. 24th St. Pl. | Pick up a plant or two, and don’t leave without checking out the bathrooms.
- The Backyard Nursery | 2301 E. Main St. | This outdoor garden center is surrounded by fun murals — and conveniently located next to Barque BBQ.
- America’s Gardens | 4637 Dayton Blvd. | Pick up plants, landscaping materials, and even mushroom compost at this Red Bank nursery.
- Reflection Riding Native Plant Nursery | 400 Garden Rd. | Browse + buy native plants while enjoying a visit at Reflection Riding.
- Ooltewah Nursery and Landscape Co. | 5829 Main St., Collegedale | This nursery began in 1989 + has grown to offer educational opportunities, an expanded flower showcase, and more.