If you’re reading this, we know you’re already a pro. But say you’re telling a friend how great Chattanooga is — before getting to the deep cuts, walk them through this guide to Nooga for newbies.
For the friend who…
🌄 Believes if it’s not on the ‘gram, it didn’t happen.
- Grab ice cream (Clumpies if you start on the Northshore side, Ice Cream Show if you start downtown) and take a walk on the Walnut Street Bridge
- See an underground waterfall at Ruby Falls
- Get a great view of the city (while making your heart race) on the Incline Railway
- See 7 states at Rock City
- Get your feet wet at the Tennessee Aquarium
- Time a trip to Sunset Rock — we recommend an inspirational quote for the caption
👕 Collects postcards, t-shirts + coffee mugs everywhere they go.
- Stop by Locals Only for all of the above, locally made. Plus:
- Hot sauce from Hoff & Pepper + Stomp and Holler
- Cocktail mix from White’s Elixirs
- Jams from Main Street Meats + Hearth and Pantry
- Jams off of “Music From the Scenic City,” pressed by Scenic City Records
🍽 Sees the world through their stomach.
- Forage local food trucks — and vendors — at the Chattanooga Market on a Sunday.
- Introduce them to the brew scene — Naked River, Five Wits, Chattanooga Brewing Co., Wanderlinger, Hutton & Smith, Heaven & Ale, OddStory (among many)…
- … or the coffee scene — Mad Priest, Sleepyhead, Be Caffeinated, Velo, Mean Mug, Milk and Honey, Sunnyside Cup, and Rembrandt’s (but wait, there’s more).