This past Friday was Park(ing) Day, a day where parking spaces are temporarily repurposed into “parklets” or tiny spaces for art, play, and activism.
Chattanooga is just one of the cities that participate across the globe, and the day of fun is organized by the Chattanooga Design Studio + River City Co. Didn’t get a chance to make it out to this year’s Park(ing) Day? Here’s a quick recap of some of our favorite moments.
- Sitting next to Summitt Pianos and being serenaded by piano + organ tunes. (Our other neighbors at The Enterprise Center were pretty great, too, and provided many of us with pizza.)
- Making gigantic bubbles at the ModWash station.
- Grabbing seeds from the Chattanooga Food Center (and admiring the beautiful plants).
- Filling “potholes” with Chattanooga Public Works.
- Checking out the mini parks that our city’s Parks and Outdoors department set up.
- Meeting so many of you — thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello.