Do you know the 100 years of history behind Chattanooga’s Double Cola Company?
For 100 years, the Double Cola Company beverage brand has been a helping hand to the Chattanooga community through volunteering, sponsorships + of course, their delicious bevs.
Sip, sip, hooray. Chattanooga’s very own Double Cola Company is celebrating 100 years of serving delicious drinks worldwide + being a friend to our community. 🎉
The Double Cola Company is a family-owned drink company that produces high-quality bevs with unique flavors, from the JUMBO sodas you grew up with to their newer BREWSKI line — a beautiful combo of beer + SKI Citrus Soda.
But do you know all the milestones of this iconic, locally-based brand?
- 1922: Charles D. Little + Joe S. Foster establish Good Grape Company featuring their newly developed grape soda.
- 1924: They create a new soda called Marvel Cola.
- 1933: The cola formula is perfected and named Double Cola.
- 1953: Aptly, the company changes its name to Double-Cola Company.
- 1956: SKI is formulated, and then trademarked in 1958.
- 1997: Alnoor Dhanani becomes President and remains as CEO to this day.
- 1999: Corporate headquarters move to Market St. in downtown Chattanooga.
- 2021: BREWSKI is launched as a series of shandy style beers.
Along with a rich history here in Nooga, the Double Cola Company has a major track record for supporting community initiatives in our city, including:
- Pops in the Park
- Movies + Music at Miller Park
- SPLASH Arts Festival
- The Will This Float pitch competition (psst, stop by Chattanooga’s Start-Up Week on Mon., Oct.17 to meet members of the Double Cola team)
- The United Way 100th celebration
- Reflection Riding
The Double Cola Company has certainly made our city sweeter, and they’re just getting started. Keep your eyes peeled for the brand’s upcoming Habitat for Humanity Build Day. 👀 *