Just in time for Craft Beer Week, Back Forty Beer Co. products are now available in Chattanooga.
“We are really excited to expand in a new market that is so close to home,” COO Tripp Collins said in a prepared statement. “Chattanooga’s craft beer scene is a step ahead of a lot of places in the Southeast, and we’re looking forward to becom[ing] a part of the craft beer community in the Scenic City.”
Chattanooga residents can now try Back Forty’s four staple beers-Truck Stop Honey brown ale, Naked Pig pale ale, Freckle Belly IPA and Fence Post session ale-as well as their seasonal Paw Paw’s peach wheat.
Products are available at places such as Tremont Tavern, Universal Joint, Brewhaus and other places.
The company’s Naked Pig pale ale will also be tapped exclusively this weekend at the Chattanooga Craft Beer Festival on May 9.
Products will come in bottles, kegs and eventually aluminum cans.
Back Forty will partner with Tennessee-based Hand Family Cos. to distribute their beers throughout Chattanooga.
“There are several reasons that we were so interested in bringing Back Forty into town-their great products, incredible team, brewing innovation and their packaging flexibility,” Austin Sawyer, sales director at Hand Family Cos., said in a prepared statement.
During May, Back Forty will be hosting several events at a variety of local Chattanooga venues and events:
- May 7: Meet the Brewery Night and tap attack at Heaven and Ale at 6 p.m.
- May 9: Chattanooga Craft Beer Festival
- May 11: World of Beer tap attack and in-store sampling of Back Forty beers at 3 p.m. for nonloyalty members and 5:30 p.m. for loyalty members
- May 13: Riverside Beverage Co. growler promotion from 4 to 6 p.m.
- May 13: Tremont Tavern’s Brewery of the Week event and weekly sampling event featuring Back Forty beers on tap from 7 to 9 p.m.
- May 14: Universal Joint weekly kickball night featuring Back Forty beers on draft with sampling from Back Forty representatives at 6 p.m.
- May 15: Brewhaus featuring Back Forty beer on tap at 5 p.m.
Updated @ 6:58 a.m. on 5/12/15.