This past summer, we created an action-packed itinerary for our National Content Editor, Dayten.
While winter hasn’t technically started yet, it sure feels like it after this past weekend. Pair that with family + friends coming to town for the holidays, and it’s the perfect time to create part two of our vacation itinerary — specifically curated for this time of year.
Pro tip: Check out our article on where to pick up Thanksgiving meals to save you time in the kitchen when folks are in town.
- Outdoor winter activity | Specifications: Not too difficult + doesn’t last too long (for weather reasons)
- Local coffee shop | Specifications: Somewhere you can get a sugary seasonal latte + a solid cup of black coffee
- Somewhere cozy | Specifications: A place that makes you happy to be indoors
- Chattanooga-specific holiday activity | Specifications: Something fun that can’t be found elsewhere
- New, hip restaurant | Specifications: Good food
- Good drink | Specifications: A place to get away from the kids for an evening
- Start the day with a brisk walk across the Walnut Street Bridge (outdoor winter activity ✅), then grab coffee from nearby Be Caffeinated or Milk & Honey (local coffee shop ✅)
- Alternatively, show how “Chattanooga” you are by heading to Falling Water Falls for a quick, painless jaunt with a stunning local view (outdoor winter activity ✅)
- Opted to walk the bridge? Stay in NorthShore to window-shop at local stores + complete the Holiday Treasure Hunt (Chattanooga-specific holiday activity ✅)
- Take animal lovers to cuddle cats at Naughty Cat Café, or bring bookworms to The Book & Cover for a cozy spot to curl up with a good read. Bonus: both have coffee (somewhere cozy ✅)
- Grab small bites at Amada Tapas & Wine bar (new, hip restaurant ✅)
- Go skating at Ice on the Landing, opening Friday, Nov. 18, or check out a holiday lights show/drive-thru (Bonus Chattanooga-specific holiday activity, because you’re just that cool ✅)
- Bring the adults to Whiskey Thief for drinks with a view, or No Hard Feelings for the holiday pop-up bar beginning Tuesday, Nov. 22 (good drink ✅)